Friday, February 22, 2013

The Old Farm House








































This painting comes straight from my imagination.  I prefer to work from memory when doing buildings, rather than from a photo.  That way I can combine the character of many houses or buildings into my own unique creation. 

I am surrounded by hundreds of old farm houses in Northern Maine.  I tried to think about what gives them a lot of character, and why they are so appealing when creating this painting.  The unique roof lines, the connected nature of each structure and the old beat up siding makes them nice to look at.  They hold so much history, and you can almost see the past when you look through the windows.

Size: 48 X 72 (inches)
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
Framed and Signed

http://www.timgagnon.com/store/the-old-farm-house/

No comments: